Wednesday 21 March 2012

Psych Appiontment

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my Psychiatrist, I will call him Dr Psychiatrist because it suits him. I don't particularly get worked up about seeing him, mainly because I'm used to, by now, seeing him. I see him every two weeks for an half hour appointment, before that I saw him weekly and I have even seen him daily - one time when I was really off the wall.  So far, with the exception of a social worker I used to see, he has been the only mental health professional I have met who has made any difference to my mental health. So I feel I have a very good relationship with him, in fact he is the only person who knows my story from the beginning to now. I'm lucky in that Dr Psychiatrist doesn't just peddle medication, he listens to me and doesn't bust a gut at my more florid moments of psychosis. He has sectioned me once to stop me from killing myself, something I would have done without his intervention but on the whole he accepts that hospital is not the best place for me and as such it is an option that's very rarely mentioned.

Tomorrow with Dr Psychiatrist I am going to mention cutting my appointments down to four weekly, I think I am stable enough for that now. I can't see that he will have a big problem with it, in fact, he will probably think it's a good idea.

I am pretty stable at the moment, I still voice hear but that's not really a true symptom of psychosis, it's more to do with who I am and my place in the world. The other stuff such as hallucinations and thought reading and insertion are really not a problem for me right now. I continue on my mix of medication which seems to be working and helping with things on the whole, there are side effects but they are better than what they are preventing so I guess I can cope with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment